HSA’s (Health Saving Accounts) are available to individuals and families covered by a high-deductible health insurance plan.
- Pre-tax contributions: Contributions made through payroll deposits through your employer are not subject to federal income tax.
- Tax-deductible contributions: Contributions made with after-tax dollars can be deducted from your gross income on your tax return.
- Contributions grows tax-free while saving for future medical expenses.
- Access your HSA in person or with a CCU HSA debit card to pay for qualified medical expenses.
- Tax-free withdrawals: Withdrawals from your HSA that are used for qualified medical expenses are are not subject to federal income tax.
- At year end, the unused balance of your HSA is carried over to the next year and remain available for future qualified medical expenses even if you change health insurance plans, change employers or retire.
- Annual Fee $20.00